LOOK FOR THE SIGNS
People on heroin don’t act like themselves anymore. Do they…
- Get drunk or high all the time?
- Lie about things?
- Ditch school or work or old friends?
- Let things slide, forget plans and break promises?
- Insist on using drugs or alcohol to have a good time?
- Hang out with new friends, people you don’t know?
- Borrow or steal money to get high?
TALK TO SOMEONE
If you (or a friend) have a problem with heroin, there’s help out there.
CALL 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
The SAMHSA National Helpline is free, confidential and available 24/7/365.
USE THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT SERVICES LOCATOR
Find treatment facilities, support groups and community-based organizations in your area.
VISIT THE WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
See a listing of Wisconsin community programs, as well as social and human services agencies.
VISIT THE PARTNERSHIP AT DRUGFREE.ORG
Get information and tools to help prevent and get help for drug and alcohol abuse by young people.